On Thursday 2 December at the University Ca' Foscari Venezia Palazzo Ca' Dolfin – Aula Magna "Silvio Trentin" the event "Let's meet in Venice to talk about the future of Europe" will take place. It is the first of a series of meetings (“Incontriamoci a…”) that will cross the peninsula from North to South to stimulate citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of the territory. In Venice, the issues addressed are 'The European Union in the World' and 'Climate Change and the Environment'
The event is coordinated by the Department for European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers with the collaboration of the Ca' Foscari University and the Europe Direct Service of the Municipality of Venice.
The meeting, open to citizens and students, will start at 12:00 (noon) with greetings by:
▪ Tiziana Lippiello, Rector of Ca' Foscari University Venice
▪ Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.
Followed by speeches by:
- Vincenzo Amendola, Undersecretary for European Policies and Affairs
- Luigi Brugnaro, Mayor of Venice
- Fabrizio Marrella, Vice-Chancellor for International Relations and International Cooperation of Ca' Foscari University.
The event will be moderated by Roberto Papetti, Director of Il Gazzettino, and will end at 1.30 p.m.
In the afternoon, a workshop will be held with students to discuss the themes of the Conference, also inspired to the ideas resulting from the morning speeches.
The Workshop aims at elaborating a contribution to be included in the multilingual digital platform of the Conference on the Future of Europe and in the website of the Department for European Policies.Let’s meet in , Conference on the Future of Europe